The NorCal Community Resilience Network is excited to pilot test our Founding Circle of Collaborators in 2017. Together, we are creating a diverse coalition of organizations and businesses that are passionate about building solidarity, broadening support, and increasing capacity for the movement for social and ecological justice. The Network’s vision is to build trust between organizations, promote collaboration, and break down silos between smaller/ volunteer-based grassroots organizations and larger nonprofits, between businesses and nonprofits, and across sectors. Examples of groups include food justice organizations, leadership non-profits, Permaculture Guilds, B-Corps businesses, land use planning non-profits, Transition groups, business co-ops and more.
Join as a Founding Collaborator
The Network will be pilot testing benefits for our Circle of Collaborators through August 2017.
Membership benefits include:
- Be a part of a Network of visionary changemakers: offer your skills and services to a wider audience and crowd-source to meet your particular organizational needs
- Receive monthly benefits from Network members, including discounts on events and products
- Increased visibility for your organization through Network blogs, videos and newsletters. Your organization or project will also be featured on our website.
- Opportunities for collaborative fundraising
- Opportunities for mentorship from permaculture and environmental justice leaders in our region
- Priority for Network community events, trainings, and skill shares on topics such as public speaking, greywater systems, and nonviolent communication!
- Opportunity to vote on some of the Network’s strategic priorities
- Based in and working in Northern California (international/national organizations who do work in Northern California and are based in this region also qualify)
- Committed to the permaculture ethics of Earth Care, People Care, Fair Share
- Ready to broaden your reach with purpose-aligned communities
- Enthusiastic about supporting grassroots and community-based solutions to climate change and social inequities (such as community gardens and neighborhood gatherings)
- Interest in promoting your organization’s offers and needs to the larger community
- Willingness to adhere to the Network’s Guiding Principles while collaborating with the Network’s Circle of Collaborators. (Principles are tentative and open to member revision upon launch in Spring.)
Founding Circle of Collaborators Criteria:
- Attend either our webinar or our in-person Launch
- Fill out a brief survey in March and post-survey in October
- Be willing to pay a minimal, sliding-scale fee—or barter via gift economy!—for continued membership until August, if you choose to remain in the Network. The member fee should not be a barrier to your participation.
We are accepting applications for our Founding Circle of Collaborators until April 2nd. If you have any questions about the Circle of Collaborators or are interested in applying, please contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don’t really agree with some of the groups in the Circle of Collaborators? Do I still need to collaborate with them?
These groups were accepted as part of our Circle because they met our basic criteria for joining. You don’t need to collaborate with ANY of the groups! Nor do we expect you to agree 100% with all of the groups. If you strongly take exception to any of these groups you may contact our Collaboration Director: email@example.com
Can we have a say who gets to be part of the Circle of Collaborators?
Yes! Collaborators will have the opportunity to vote each month on groups who would like to join.
Can I join as an individual?
If you have something you want to offer to communities! We do strongly encourage looking at other groups to work with.
Can only part of an organization join?
Yes! If you are part of a large organization and only a project of your organization wants to join, that’s fine.