We are hiring! Community Outreach Coordinator
We are looking for someone passionate about community organizing, permaculture and movement building to work part-time (10-12 hours/week) out of our downtown Oakland office, with occasional field work.
- Online communications, including newsletter writing, website development and social media
- Events planning, including our monthly capacity building workshops
- Program support for our Resilient Hubs Initiative, an exciting new model that uses a community-based approach to help transform our homes and neighborhoods into vibrant, regenerative places.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with online communications tools, including newsletter writing and website development
- Experience planning events
- Deep understanding and passion for working with marginalized communities on the front lines of social and food justice.
- Understanding of and passion for permaculture design and sustainability
- Facilitation and public speaking skills
Salary: $20-25/hour, depending on experience. Ideally, we would love to hire someone who currently works part-time at a social or environmental justice organization.
Please send a cover letter detailing your interest in this position, resume and three references to: email@example.com.
The deadline is December 12, 2017.